The purpose of an internship with Sycamore Lane is to help equip and inspire the next generation of political and civic engagement leaders through hands on, meaningful work that also benefits the business and cultural mission of the company.
What to Expect
As an intern with Sycamore Lane you can expect:
- Meaningful projects to work on including:
- Digital communications
- Strategic and tactical planning
- Other projects as needed and as you’re interested
- You can expect exposure to some or all of the following types of projects:
- Political campaigns at all levels
- Issues campaigns in a variety of states
- Data analysis
- Issues and candidate research & writing
- Coalition building
- News and political environmental research & writing
- Media planning and engagement
- Digital media and communications
- Strategic & tactical planning and budgeting
- Much more
- Close working relationship with leadership
- Flexible hours
- Regular feedback and guidance on your work
- Opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects around the United States
- Possible travel and/or direct client work, if desired and needed
- Stipend or hourly pay depending on the structure of your internship
We offer two types of internships:
- Defined, structured academic focus
- This internship approach can be tailored to help you meet your academic goals in a certain timeframe with specific objectives for things you want to learn and gain. For example, this could include a summer or semester internship geared toward a specific focus area, working primarily or only in that area.
- Open, experiential focus
- This internship approach allows you to commit to a certain number of hours per week and take on a variety of different tasks that include all facets of what it takes to run a consulting business, work in politics and civic engagement and balancing your work and personal life.
All interns must be able to meet, in-person, in the Gainesville, Florida area at least once per week and work will be done through a combination of in-person and remote communications.
For more information or to submit your resume, email: firstname.lastname@example.org